What exactly is “ALTTPR Trinity”?
Currently there are THREE ways to finish any Randomizer Seed:
– Ganon: travel through Hyrule and the Dark World and defeat Ganon.
– Pedestal: find all three Pendants and go to the Master Sword Pedestal
– Pieces: find all needed Triforce Pieces and go to Sahasrahla’s brother in front of Hyrule Castle
In a Trinity Seed, all these goals are valid and YOU have to choose your own way and goal based on the items you find. On the tech side of the randomizer, this is a so called “Part Plando”. To make the magic work, the following settings are always set:
– 1 Triforce is always directly set on Pedestal, so 1 Red Rupee was removed
– adding Triforce Pieces to the seed and set a designated number of Pieces necessary
– Crystals for GT and Ganon are both RANDOM
Following now are the additional changes for each version.
– “Aghanim 2” has to be beaten to open the Pyramid and do harm to Ganon
– Dungeon prizes are visible via map check
– Accessibility is set to “100% Items”
– 10 Red Rupees exchanged for Triforce Pieces, 10 Pieces have to be found
-> Result: about 50% of all seeds ended as Pedestal
– “Aghanim 2” still has to be beaten before going to Ganon
– introduced “mapsOnPickup=true” -> from now on you need to find the Maps to find out Dungeon prizes
-> or ask Sahasrahla for the Green Pendant and the Red Bomb Shop Owner for the Red Crystals position
– 15 Red Rupees exchanged for Triforce Pieces, 10 Pieces have to be found
-> due to a translation bug, 1 additional Triforce was accidentally placed in the item pool, so this version was a failure
– removed the additional Triforce from the item pool
– 15 Red Rupees exchanged for Triforce Pieces, 10 Pieces have to be found.
– Accessibility set to “100% locations” to change the balancing
-> due to the higher count of Triforce pieces, results were about 90% Pieces, 10% Pedestal and NO ganon fights
– only 12 Red Rupees exchanged for Triforce Pieces, 10 Pieces have to be found.
– Goal has been set to “Fast Ganon”, so Pyramid hole is always open
-> lots of tests, good’ish balancing .. but now way too less Pedestal seeds and too many Ganon fights
– resetted the Item Pool back to default, since the Randomizer will choose which “junk items” will end up in the seed
-> this is inside the code of the VT Randomizer, so no need to remove them manually
– 30 Triforce Pieces are added, 20 Pieces are required
– changed back Accessibility to “100% Items” to ensure that all Triforce Pieces are reachable
If you want to roll *normal* seeds, you have to contact the “SahasrahBot” on the ALTTPR Community Discord and send him the designated command. All presets that are intended for the community can be found HERE. And if there are any more questions, just contact me! 🙂
Currently several developers are implementing Trinity into their own Randomizers. This gives everyone finally the chance to even play other modes, like “CrossKeys” “DOOOOORS”, Multiworld and so on. Just check out the Community Discord linked above.